Yoga Principle #5: Be Clean
Take care of yourself, body and mind. Take care of your surroundings, community, and earth.
Avoid: littering, “dumping” on others, filthiness, substance abuse, junk food, swearing/cussing
Practice: keeping oneself and one’s surroundings physically clean, eating healthy foods, exercising, cleaning up the earth, being responsible in action and words, being respectful of yourself and others, using good manners
Examples: Brush your teeth at least twice a day. “Just say no” to drugs and alcohol. Eat nutritious,
whole foods and get lots of exercise. Choose to recycle. Avoid using foul language.
• The Earth and I, by Frank Asch
• Why Should I Recycle? by Jen Green and Mike Gordon
• Unstoppable Me!, by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Kristina Tracy, and Stacy Heller Budnick
• The Care and Keeping of YOU: The Body Book for Girls, by Valorie Schaefer and Norm Bendell
• The Boy’s Body Book: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU, by Kelli Dunham and
Healthier, Happier, More Resilient Children(F+W/Adams Media, 2013) by Lisa Flynn, E-RYT,