Yoga Principle #6: Be Content
Be content with yourself. Celebrate your uniqueness. Maintain a positive outlook. Have an internal sense of peacefulness. Practice gratefulness.
Avoid: being negative and down, being pessimistic, being ungrateful
Practice: making the best of any situation, being grateful, being calm and joyful, not depending on “things” that are outside yourself to make you happy, enjoying daily tasks, focusing on the positive, being happy for others
Example: After losing the soccer game, you’re disappointed. Rather than acting angry or grumpy about it, you remember that your team showed great sportsmanship throughout the game and you feel proud.
• The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings, by Carolyn Sherwin Bailey
• I Like Myself!, by Karen Beaumont and David Catrow
• Cinderella (various authors)
• Unstoppable Me!, by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Kristina Tracy, and Stacy Heller Budnick
• Zen Shorts, by John J. Muth
• I Think, I Am!, by Louise L. Hay, Kristina Tracy, and Manuela Schwarz
• The Mixed-Up Chameleon, by Eric Carle
• A Bad Case of Stripes, by David Shannon
Healthier, Happier, More Resilient Children(F+W/Adams Media, 2013) by Lisa Flynn, E-RYT,